Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The last Halloween week


For every one this week is a real Halloween week, isn't' it? For me, it is a final Halloween week. In the entrance I put a big net-art work that Tomomi's friend made. (well, this presentment is not correct, sorry **-chan, but we really enjoyed your work.)
Yesterday Yuki attended an international meeting via TV, it means he went to the office at 11 P.M in Japan, and came back 4 A.M, and after taking a nap while he went to the office again as usual.






Well, well, I don't mention about his work. When he saw a friend who is an American and has two kids before starting the meeting, he said to him "Happy Halloween!" to try the atmosphere to be relax. BUT-- unfortunately it didn't seem to work. Anyway the meeting was finished, and after all, Yuki is going to America again next month.


Well, yesterday the trick or treat tour was finished with a big success. This morning I went to see the neighbors to say thanks. They also seemed to enjoy my students coming. I'm really happy to hear that.After the tour, we made "bone gloves of pop corn". (This week I make every day with my elementary students.)

Not only bone gloves, we baked pumpkin cakes. Today a woman came to take my lesson. And of course instead of usual lesson we baked pumpkin cakes. These days we have lots of convenient gadget. Silicon cupcake models are a big recent hit for me .


Well, well, it is time to start another lesson. I'll come here again soon.
How are you going to enjoy your Halloween??




















1 comment:

Tarrah08 said...

Hello Mieko! It sounds as if trick or treating was enjoyed by all! All of my children are anxiously awaiting Sunday (Halloween). My daughter decided many months ago that she was going to dress as a Kitty cat so I have been collecting items to assemble a costume for her..she really loves cats! My youngest son is also very excited as the day approaches...he will trick or treat house to house with me and his sister for a bit but he is especially excited to join his older brothers passing out candy and dressing up scary trying to "scare" all who approach to collect candy.no matter the age most kids/young adults really enjoy Halloween here. What sorts of costumes did your students dress in? Love the popcorn hands..you always come up with very creative and fun projects for your students Mieko! You are very good at teaching children you seem to have such a natural ability with relating to children,,keep up the great work! I'm glad you're feeling better!! Have a wonderful day and I will continue this very busy last week countdown to the "big" night of fun. :)