Friday, October 15, 2010

Now it's Friday.


How are you doing everybody? I'm ---now I've recovered. To tell the truth after the noisy last weekend, I was so excited that I ran a fever. -- It is a usual thing, in retrospect (how many years ago??) after the school trips I would run a fever. Now I'm OK. And it was a low fever, so I didn't cancel the lessons at home, I canceled to go volunteering outside.


Now we're enjoying "Halloween" month. This week I gave out a bag of pretzels that is a compliment of a mother of my students. I opened one to taste, and --- I was surprised, it was actually "Halloween pretzels". This is a shape of Jack-O-Lantern, isn't it?
Today I put new poll, "Would you rather visit a haunted house or travel to strange land?", My answer is "neither would I".
I hate all scary things.
To experience a thing is important before to tell the thing. So "once" I saw a scary movie --the Exorcist. Since then I've never seen scary movies. And even I 'voe never been to a haunted house in Tokyo Disney Land.
Well, yesterday two high school students came to take my lesson. Usually before they leave my house, I ask a question. The question of yesterday is "what things worry you when you're at home?"
One girl said "I'm always worried when my cell phone is taken away by my mother"
-- actually this week her cell phone has being taken away after their quarrelling.
The other girl said "I'm always worried on weekends what time my mother will come to wake me up".
Anyway their family are peaceful family, I'm glad to hear that.
Well, well, about my worry---what do I cook today?




2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

I am also not a fan of scary movies, or books..however, when I was younger, in my teens and early twenties I was a fan of spooky stories and movies but as I have gotten older I really began to have a tremendous dislike for these things and it's been more than 10 years since I have seen or read them. I am glad to hear you're feeling better! :) The pretzels are very cute! I haven't seen any before (shaped like a jack o'lantern) that is... Did the children enjoy them?

Mieko said...

Thanks your comments, Tarrah08
"have a tremendous dislike", I really like this phrase.
Well, later I noticed, there were also bat shaped pretzels, so the sign of the bag is "Jack & Bat".
We really loved this bag of pretzels.