Wednesday, November 03, 2010

A new sign

Today, it is a holiday in Japan, but Yuki went to work as usual, his holiday is usual weekends.
It is really "warm", it means for some people it is "hot". As Yuki goes to work, so it is a usual day for me. It means I have lessons. But some students don't come because of their family event.
This morning, I "weeded" and "cleaned" my garden, and I put this new sign in front of my house.

The sign says "Today, it is a day to open my English books and English picture books. If you are interested in them, please feel free to drop. charge 500 yen for coffee

It was just my first adventure, my first trial. I don't count on coming people, because I didn't advance it anywhere.

But -- one woman came, she was the neighbor. "What have you started this time, Mieko-san?" And she came with her home made sweets and a pot of coffee for guests we don't count on.
Anyway we spend a wonderful day together with tasty sweets & coffee and chatting. Unfortunately she is not interested in English books. BUT it's OK. She said "When someone come to your house to see your books, I will be in charge of kitchen."

Well, I'm not sure whether I put this sign on some regular basis, but I want to do use my English books "effectively" without using my power.

Of course I want to improve my English skill, so it is necessary to keep insatiable desire inside of me. (Does it make sense??? "insatiable" is a new word for me."
On the other hand, without voluntary spilt or financial things, I want to enjoy something through "English" with ease.

Anyway today I had a good daytime. Well, my students come!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Yes, "insatiable desire" makes perfect sense! I'd probably say it like this though...."I have an insatiable desire to improve my English" BUT the way you said it is fine and understandable.

Your open house sounds like a neat idea! I hope it brings you some interesting people.

Mieko said...

Thanks Helen, You know the life in a country life in Japan. (" a country" means not a big city like TOKYO).
calm, boring, pieceful, non-adventurous, ---
I always think why I try to learn English even though I don't need to do use it in my daily life because of Japan.
I can say many excuses, but anyway through English I get more occasions to know other countries -- customes, arts, music, people, foods.