Sunday, November 14, 2010

quiet weekdays and weekend

I feel like on the wave, though I haven't surfboarded. I ran a little bit high fever. Now I'm OK, but I'm at home quietly.
I'm not a good teacher, I always say "My dear students, if you sneeze more than tree times, please be absent from the class. I don't catch your cold."


On the other hand when I catch a cold without sneezing, or running nose, I do my lessons. Until now, fortunately or fortunately no one has been absent from the class.
Anyway the prescribed medicine worked quite well, but I didn't have a confidence to go out by bullet train. So I'm afraid that I had to cancel to see a Japanese dance recital that my important friend took part in, I prepared KIMONO for this day. Why KIMONO? I just thought wearing KIMONO at the recital , even though I'm one of audience, it's really appropriate attire.

Well, apple season has come. The first kind of apple is KOUGYOKU. One of my friends brought them. First I thought I would make jam, but it's troublesome or I'm week, so I eat a whole of apple, it's sour but really tasty. Did you already make this year apple jam?

What I am doing while I'm at home quietly, browsing websites or taking a nap.

Among a group, they discussed or morned about Japanese young people. "Why recent Japanese young people don't have any ambitious aim!" (CNN news;Twin Tale: Rising China, Japan's setting sun)
Partly it might be true, but not all of them. Some young people try to do something even though they will not be able to escape foreign countries. These days I think to let them be ambitious or to keep their ambitious aim, senior people show their active life through working and enjoying hobby, not only earning money. So I wouldn't have missed today's lecture in the morning --- but I'M still at home quietly.

3 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

Hello Mieko! Along with the holidays it's also the season for colds and the flu! However, it's good news you are now feeling better and able to resume your regular schedule. You are most definitely Not a bad teacher for requesting students to stay home when feeling ill...that is always a routine request from teachers to us parents here as well. When one is ill, they need rest as well as thinking of others as things are easily spread, so do not feel badly for such a request! It's too bad you had to miss such an important event, perhaps you will have a chance in the future to attend? The Kimono is lovely! It's will soon be time for Thanksgiving, and soon time for a lot of work that goes along with this holiday as well..It will fall on my Grandmother as she is the "official" person who prepares (cooks) most of the seasonal dishes and pies! My daughter turned 5 years old on November 8, so we celebrated this event this past Sunday as her actual birthday fell on a weekday. We had a small party for her at a local park with family and friends she received a "Hello Kitty" bicycle she has been pleading for for quite some time...she even had a dream one night she had gotten it and was riding it ;) so she was a very happy girl.....they grow up too fast!! Time seems to rush past so quickly when one becomes a parent! What does the month of November hold for you?

Mieko said...

Hello Tarrah08, and --"Happy birthday", let me sing a belated bahppy birthday song, happy birthday to you , happy birday to you --- can you hear me?
And "hello Kitty bike"!!!!! The "kitty" is the same of our "kitty" ????
I heard, "Kitty" is a worl-popular cahracter, is it right???

How do you deal with turkey??? Some one loves turkey, but someone doesn't like the left over of Thanks giving turkey dishes.

Tarrah08 said...

Thank-you for the Happy Birthday wishes! Indeed, "Kitty" is the same as your "Kitty" and she was just as popular when I was a girl as she is now! It is most amazing to me to see such a long love affair with a character! This is actually her second Kitty birthday cake... she also wanted her when she turned 3 years old. Hello Kitty has always tied with Mickey Mouse in her favorites since she was probably 1 year old. Did your daughters also like Kitty? Is she called "Hello Kitty" in Japan as well? As for the Thanksgiving leftovers, it is interesting you should ask...my Grandmother has grown "tired" of these dishes after all these years and insists we take ALL the leftovers we want right away as she does not wish to eat them, just one day a year ;) I suppose it must come from years of working many hours in the kitchen leading up to that day...I tell her I am most grateful, I don't think anyone else can replicate some of her most delicious dishes in our family!