Monday, December 13, 2010

Each place is different.

Last Saturday I went to JYUGAOKA to participate a workshop. Long long ago I used to live near JYUKAOKA, and I took piano lessons under a strict teacher who lived in JYUGAOKA. About 35 years passed since I went to KYUGAOKA last time. I arrived there ealier than the time the workshop started. So I tried to search her (the teacher was a woman) house. I passed the cake shop (it was still there), turned right, went up the hill --- there were many gallerias both sides of the hill though at that time there would be old "Showa"era houses.





I remembered a house, and it changed into a gallery. So I turned left --- but it was no sign of "piano classroom".
At that time the hill was really quiet, now the hill seems to be popular a hill with gallerias. Many people were browsing. The place looked very present. Among them I felt like an artistic lady.
(Well, Harajuku or Shibuya is famous as a young people's town, on the other hand in JIJYUGAOKA I didn't feel my age.)
On the other hand, here in Utsunomiya, we don't have many galleries. Instead of artistic places, there are many nature fields. Once I stand up on the rice fields or farm fields, I feel like being a human or a child.

And Jan sent me wonderful photos of the Winter Ball in her town. People and places in the photos looked present and brilliant.
Each place is different. And in each place we all have the different way to enjoy our life.

Well, well, and yesterday Yuki and I went to a wonderful Sushi restaurant that has only 8 seats. For us it was a rich night.

No comments: