Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Happy New Year

Our new year's vacation was finished. We had a good vacation and I --- though today I know it ---- gained ??kg. Now I'm very shocked. Yuki said it was brought from eating sweets too much over the months not only during New year's vacation.
So today I enrolled in a fitness club. It is the first new thing of this year.

Our winter vacation started with buying good SAKE. Yuki went to a special SAKE shop and bought it near Utsunomiya.












And we went to TOKYO to take a bus tour. We visited historical places which were Imperial Palace, and YASUKUNI shrine, and current sightseeing spots which were ODAIBA and ROPPOGI. Of course we could see Skytree that was now constructing. The lunch was Beef NABE --- sorry the photo was taken after all food inside of the NAVE were gone. After the tour we went back to Utsunomiya, and went to a OKONOMIYAKI restaurant for dinner.
Then we went to TOKYO again, and we had traditional New Year's food my sister-in-law made.
And went back here.
Yesterday I went to a French restaurant with my friend.
And today YUKI and I visited a town next to our town to eat eel.
Sorry I took a photo of only the sign of the restaurant. The town was popular with lots of KURA (old storages)













For about a week, I was eating, eating, eating. ---- I got stout, It can't be helped.
Anyway 2011 has already started. Let's enjoy together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mieko....I laughed and laughed about you "getting stout." You and your family are such tiny people...there's no way anyone would describe you as "stout." Actually, you will probably feel a little more healthy!
Many of us would like to be your "stout" size! Jan

Mieko said...

If I were in your country, I wouldn't care of my weight. Anyway I went to a gym today. I was really surprised that what many middle aged women were there -----.
I saw a new world.

Dian said...

well... weight....
When I see that, I almost feel headache. Hm, Weight is lady's top secret, isn't?

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comment, Dian.
Sory my posting gave you headache, but it can't be helped, "weigth" is probably one of common problems among women in the world.