Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hungry Jack


Yesterday Ms.K and I cooked "Hungry Jack" according to the instruction. We did it.
Put the hot water in the carton and make the dry potatoes soften.





And we baked it. While we were baking I made smoked-eggs instead of sunny side of eggs. (My image is that hashed brown and sunny side eggs is a set of dish.)


We were thinking when we should have tasted them? But we didn't need it, the dry potatoes were already seasoned. We had a nice cooking time, cooking English lesson, and eating time.
Well, I didn't know that "Hungry Jack is a hamburger shop of Burger King in Australia." It means the taste of this Hungry Jack is the same of Burger king in the U.S.A or Hungry Jack in Australia?
Hashed brown itself is not so popular in Japan, I think. (If I ask my students whether they know Hashed brown, probably they will answer "Oh, it is served in MacDonald.")
Actually for Ms. K (She is my elderly English student) it was the first time to have it. In Japan or in my generation, potato's salad, or mashed potatoes are more familiar than hashed brown.

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

A belated Congratulations to Yuki on his victory and grand trophy! I prefer hash-browns in the manner in which you served them with eggs as well. It is usually something I eat when we go out for breakfast however, I am not very fond of Mcdonalds hash-browns. The ones you have prepared look delicious!

Mieko said...

Thanks Tarrah. Do you know this carton of Hungry Jack?
Well, Macdonalds hash-browns in Japan seemed to be "fried" has-browns. So, it is a high calori food (or snack). How about yours?