Monday, January 24, 2011

A new week has started

When I got up this morning, the road in front of our house was put on makeup with snow ---- it is a Japanese feeling, it means the road was lithely dusted with snow. They don't pile up.
Yesterday, a lady who lives in my neighborhood came to talk with us. She decided to quit her current job and enroll in a confectionery school. She lives with her father (her mother passed away --- about 15 years ago.) Now she is 26. After the graduation, it is difficult to get a regular job, and more difficult to be independent as a pastry chef. On the other hand now we are in a bad depression, so we can study or pursue our interest through part time job because it is difficult to get a regular job.
Anyway from this spring, my students and I will often get her prototypes (or leftover of sweets she made at school).

Today in the afternoon I'll attend a meeting at Utsunomiya-city international Association. The agenda is "reading picture books in the world with foreigners living in Utsunomiya". Last year this event was done with successfully. And they try to hold this event this year again. I'm not a member of the association, but I'm asked my opinion. It is a wonderful thing to have a opportunity of saying my opinion.

Tuesday, a friend will come --- 2 or 3 years passed since we had a time of chatting.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, --- probably they are usual days. I hope my throat will not be worse.

On Saturday I'm going to held a small workshop at my house, but untill now the attendance is only one. So I'm not sure I'll held a workshop or just a chatting meeting.

And on Sunday Yuki and I are going to a wonerful restraunt without reason. I already booked the table.

No comments: