Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


Today, it is Valentine's day, but I forgot it this morning. So I forgot to present chocolate according to a Japanese rule to YUKI. Not intentionally.

Why I forgot it, we were talking about yesterday's dinner (mainly squid ink rice), and coffee while we were having the left over.

I didn't write about coffee, last night after dinner we enjoyed Luwak Coffee made in Indonesia and Ban Dau Xanh that is famous sweets in Vietnam.

The coffee has strong sourness, not so bad. But comparing the cost it's too expensive, or we might be taste-deaf unfortunately. Anyway to enjoy this coffee, something sweet was necessary, and we happened to have this Vietnamese sweet my friend bought me on her trip there. This combination was very good. Probably Japanese sweet would be defeated by this strong coffee.

Today I have no lessons even at night. So I write this blog, browse other websites, and practice English words. It's a very quiet Valentine's day and it is very cold. According to the weather report we'll have snow again.
P.S When I'm alone, I tend to think about my daily life, what I want to do, what I can do, what I have to do. My kids almost stand by themselves, I can manage my life though I depend on my husband. What makes me more energetic? Or do I advance more? ---being alone makes me negative.

2 comments:

Tarrah08 said...

A belated "Happy Valentine's Day" Mieko! I spent my Valentine's Day doing the usual tasks and presenting my children with chocolate filled hearts.... my husband had to work and I,too, find when I'm alone rather than it being productive time spent I am often negative and pessimistic.. the exact opposite of my own mother who only finds her most productive energy when she IS alone.

Mieko said...

Hi, Tarrah08
I understand your feeling, when my daughteghters left home, I got so negative anr d pessimistic, and even now I sometimes get into feeling bad.
On the other hand in Japan we have such a phrase, "Teisyu genki de rusu ga ii", in English (probably) "The best husbands are healthy and out of the house".

---If a man is out of the house then hopefully he is working and making money. If a husband is in the house he is in the way.---

Of course I like my husband to stay home sometimes.

The best