Monday, March 14, 2011

Hi there

I'm really surprised, and shocked at the earthquake, on the other hand I'm very happy because lots of people are concerning about our country Japan.
I saw the news that on the newspaper in U.K they place an encouraging message in Japanese.
Thank you.
I hope everybody, especially people in Tohoku who are affected directly will get back usual life as soon as possible.
Well, here in Utsunomiya, we are also affected a little. Even in Utsunomiya, eastern Utsunomiya seems worse than western Utsunomiya. The fences in this area were broken partly, including the fence of my house. Inside of my house many or some things fell down from the shelves.
But fortunately we in this area are all fine.
After the earthquake it was blacked out, so I used that Wedgwood candle stand. I had never thought I would have used it this way.
First I used a nice candle, but finally I used "usual" candles.
Anyway that wedge wood was really useful.
Even now FUKUSHIMA nuclear power plants are not stable, and electric power is lack. So we (northern and eastern Japan including Utsunomiya) are under planned blackout. (Does it make sense?)
On the level of my daily life in Utsunomiya, we often have small quakes, getting enough gasoline is difficult (in this area, the car is main way to transport). Some foods and equipments (dry cell batteries, bottled water and so on) are out of stock. But basically our life seems to be normal.
Anway I hope everybody will settle as soon as possible.






4 comments:

Maryanne said...

Mieko, I am very relieved to be reading a post from you. You are the only person I know in Japan, but you have personalized this very tragic event for me and I was worried for you immediately when I heard of the news.

My thoughts are with you and your country and I will certainly do some kind of donation to your country in the form of relief funding. Too... It has been on my mind that I did not yet send you something for your birthday this year, but I will make sure I do this soon to celebrate your 50th birthday. ... Hugs & love to you.

Tarrah08 said...

Hello Mieko! It was wonderful to see your post, and such a relief to hear that you and your family are safe after such an awful event!! We have been viewing such terrible scenes on the news since the earthquake, and I too, say prayers for Japan and its recovery from such a horrendous event. Once again, it's great to read you and your family are safe and sound and doing well, Mieko! :}

Mieko said...

Hello "Desiree" --- long time no use this nick name "Desiree".I'm really glad to get you comment on this blog. Thank you.
As I told you, I'm fine. Here in Utsunomiya we are under a restricted circumstance a little bit, but it's ok.
Time flies as an arrow --- yes I'm 50. Unveliverbal. When I know you, I was a young mother.

Mieko said...

Hello Tarrah
Thank your concerning, I'm fine. Thinking of people who spend the days in the sheleter, I'm really sad.
From TV, always such terible scenes are being carried.
Anyway I hope the nuclear power plant will be quiet as soon as possible.