Thursday, March 03, 2011

Hina Doll's Festival

In Japan it is Hina Doll's Festival today. I bout this sweet on the way to home from a nursery school. In the morning I read some English picture books to kids and their mothers. And the main books I read today were about Easter. I know Easter in this year is April 24Th. It might be too early to introduce Easter, but some pairs were the last time to hear my story, since the kids are going to go to kindergarten in spring. So I wanted to introduce Easter to them.

Well, the sweets in this photo are all sweet dumplings, the small ones are for elementary school kids who are going to come today, and the big ones are -- not for us, for high school students who are also going to come tonight.

Well, this morning I did adventurous cooking with chi ken. Oh, it's a joke. I used a bag of spice of dry buttermilk ranch dressing my friend blended by herself.
Do you know it is difficult to get fresh buttermilk. I heard producing buttermilk officially in Japan is not allowed because of a dairy product law. And we can get powder of batter milk, but it's not common . So I'm really interested in this spice.
Though she recommended it to use dressing, I used it chicken. pour it on chicken, and sprinkle some flour on the chicken, and coated the chicken with the beaten egg, and fried it. Yes it's chicken piccata. Good taste.


No comments: