Sunday, April 24, 2011

Today's topics at a Toast Master's meeting

I attended April Toast Master's meeting.
Today's topics in English section were like that.
1. After the earthquake, we are facing to reducing electricity. Well, what is the best buy and what is the worst buy of electrical appliances?

2. It is said that our electricity consumption is supposed to surpass the supply. What should I do to reduce our electricity consumption?

3. If you have to select one thing, which do you chose --- to build a nuclear power plant to maintain current our electricity consumption, or to be strict against using electricity?

Fortunately, or unfortunately I didn't give speeches about these three topics. (This time my role was an evaluator.)
Now I try to say something about these topics.
1. The best buy is----not recently, but my home bakery made my cooking world wider. The worst buy is---, though it's not an electricity appliance, my cell phone. I don't like having a cell phone. But after the earthquake, I accept the efficiency, so I'm adjusting to a cell phone, especially writing an e-mail with thump.
2. Every summer Yuki claim that he wants an air condition in his room. But I'm afraid that I can't accept his claim this year, either. Because we should reduce our electricity consumption, so must not increase it. He has a big electrical fan in his room.
3. It's a really difficult choice. Until now, anyway we have to reduce our electricity consumption, and in a decade I hope some Eco power plants like wind power plants are built. But if I had to select either of one, I dare to choose to be strict against using electricity as much as we can.

No comments: