Wednesday, May 11, 2011

To tell the truth ----

This morning I could talk with Jan by Skype. I know she likes positive people, or not only she, everybody must like positive people. And you don't like hearing someone talking proudly.

But, sorry Jan, and readers of this blog, I dare to have done it, and dare to do it, again.

As you know I'm wondering our daughter's futures. Though T(my elder daughter) works full time as an assistant at an art college, she is not a regular worker (her contact term is one year , so she is very unstable, fortunately this year it was renewed again.) M (my younger daughter) is struggling to seek a job next spring, it is an unexpected circumstance.

Of course you might say " Yuki and I gave enough education to them so they are not your problems". Partly it is true.
But I have wanted them to get high-ranked jobs smoothly ---- it sounds selfish, like a having much proud, or show-off.

Of course they are still in their early 20s, it's too early to reach a conclusion. But if they got stable job, I would be also stable in my mind --with much proud. Things are not going well.

On the other hand, it is a good chance to watch myself, and throw away my stingy proud. T seems enjoying her job and her artistic activities, though she often meets something difficult.
M is experiencing the real world by her self, it will make her strong.

I believe they will carve their life by themselves. (on the other hand, after I wrote this blog, I'm worried about their futures, because I'm a mother.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

English lesson:

how to use PRIDE and PROUD

I HAVE pride (you own it...noun)
I AM proud (it describes you...adjective)
She is a PRIDEFUL person (descriptive adjective)

Do you understand the difference? Jan

Mieko said...

I have too much pride to compromise in the way to educate kids.

I am proud of having a friend like you, Jan.

I'm a prideful person, so it's difficult to accpet this situation.

Do they make sense?

Anonymous said...

"By jove, I think she's got it!"
from My Fair Lady

Mieko said...

My response has gone --- because for a while this site weren't working.

I thinkg I have much pride in my carrer, but I know such pride doesn't work in my current life.
I am proud of teaching Enlish to kids here no.
I'm a prideful mother so that I can't accept this situation of our daugters.

mss @ Zanthan Gardens said...

I still worry about my son's future. And he's 32! Our children may become adults but we never stop being mothers.

Mieko said...

thanks for your comments
And, --that's too bad while I'm reliefed because every mother (probably) is worried about their kids in varying degrees.

Mieko said...

"by jove I think she's got it".
I hope so.
On the other hand I don't understand well the phrase of "by jove".