Sunday, June 05, 2011

strawberry jam


Once a year Imake lots of strawberry jam. And today I did it.
Yesterday Ms.E came to my house with a big box of strawberry. Some people of the readers of this blog might remember her. She is a farmer and her group succeeded to produce their home-made YUZU-KOSYOU.



I "washed" them (Jan, I did it carefully) took off the hulls, cut them into half, and put them into a pot. Add some sugar and SAKE. And at last I put some lemon juice.
So today's my lunch was pancake with strawberry sauce and fresh strawberries.

While simmering the strawberries, I weeded the garden.


These greens are not weed, they are called MITSUBA, edible leaves.

Well, it is almost the time to prepare dinner. Yuki came back from golf with lots of fresh vegetables (He dropped by a local farmer's shop on his way home.)
The menu is grilled SHITAKE-mushroom and smoked mackerel. ( I have a small smoker which can be used inside.)

Our Sunday is almost finished. It was a good day.

No comments: