Saturday, July 09, 2011

Rhubarb


When some people looked today's title of this blog, they might grinned. Yes I love rhubarb. This year getting hot was too early. So the stalks of my rhubarb are thin, though they are growing.

I love the sour taste of rhubarb, but unfortunately this year my rhubarb seems too sour.




Though it's not the reason why I bought rhubarb jam, anyway I bought rhubarb jam. These days here and there we saw rhubarb jam, but usually they are mixed with something like rhubarb & blueberry, or rhubarb & strawberry. So this green type is unusual.





5 comments:

Helen said...

Yum! Rhubarb! I can't find it up here.

I bought some jam too, it was Rhubarb and Ginger and it was very nice. A little spicy from the ginger and excellent on buttered toast.

Enjoy your nice jam!

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, Helen. How was your Saturday? Ginger is wonderful. I love something with ginger through all season.

Helen said...

Saturday was good thanks! The dentist visit was okay. I had to get a couple of fillings replaced. She was very gentle and it didn't hurt at all. It was very hot here so I started to use the air conditioner for the first time.

Good luck with your visit to the Dentist!

And, I got the jam at a Kaldi Farms. It's a little expensive (over 500 yen) but it's good. It's from a famous British Jam company called Mackays if you want to try it. They have ginger jam and ginger and rhubarb, but I've only had the ginger and rhubarb one.

Mieko said...

I have Kaldia here, I'll check for one.Thanks.
How do you use the jam?

Helen said...

I like it on buttered toast, or on buttered English muffins! It's very nice.