Sunday, July 10, 2011

Though it's Sunday ---

It was also hot today, wasn't it --- if you live in the eastern Japan, you agree with me.
Now it' almost 8 o'clock PM. But Yuki doesn't come home yet, he is still working. At first we thought Yuki would be able to come back without overwork and have dinner together. --- But he has to work as usual Thursday and Friday. In this case we say "GOKUROUSAMA" in Japanese. Unfortunately we don't translate this feeling in English. Sometimes we are asked from his foreign coworkers "how do we say this phrase in English?", but we don't have exact answer yet. And the foreign coworkers is getting used to use "GOKUROUSAMA" directly.

I got up at usual time, and prepared breakfast. I cleaned the room, wash clothes, watered the garden. I finished all weekend's chores earlier than usual weekends. So I had plenty of leisure time. This hotness prevented me from going out. (Usually we go shopping getting for vegetables and grocery for a week.) I would try to prepare something more for next week--- but I decided to purse my work. I try to use this leisure time for myself regally.

So I "face up" to English. I always complain my English ability and I know I have to study more --- but like my students studying hard is not easy.
First I listened some audible books, next I practiced English words using a web training site.
And--- I took a nap for a while.
And--- I had a snack, because it was 3o'clock (snack time, isn't it?)
I opened an English grammar book and solved some questions.
I took dictations of some skits and did oral practice.

It was a more tough "job" than teaching English.

And I cooked fried rice, and now, I'm browsing some websites while writing this diary.
I don't know what time Yuki come back. A night without lessons is long.

No comments: