Tuesday, August 16, 2011

During OBON vacation

Now Yuki and I are in OBON vacation. Last weekend I had a struggle against bad cramps, though I hadn't had it recently. Now it's OK. From Sunday to Monday our elder daughter T was here, and she went back to TOKYO to work. And now our younger daughter M is here. And since tomorrow three of us go to TAIWAN on two nights three day trip.
If the pain had come today, I would have canceled the trip. (I've experienced a few times). Lucky me.

Since our daughters came back, Yuki called himself a chauffeur, and he doesn't go to golf practice. (well, the main reason is  that it's too hot.)  Today both of three went to a clothe shop to order M's suit. He was just waiting for us while he was listening to music with ipod.

Both of our daughters have homeboys and homegirls here. I'm not sure that homeboys and homegirls are right words, what I want to say is they have local friends or they have neighborhood friends.  So both of us go out to talk with someone easily. Because they were born here, in UTSUNOMIYA, and they were brought up until they were high school students. On the other hand Yuki and I moved to many places because of our parents transfers. (At that time transferred meant getting promoted. ) So actually we were born in in TOKYO, but we don't have friends who are called homeboys and homegirls.

And we ourselves were transferred here  (in this case, it doesn't connect with getting promoted.) Now we are becoming one of local people since more about 25 years passed.

What do  you call such friends, in Japanese we call them JIMOTO -TOMODACHI.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

School friends, classmates, childhood friends.

Mieko said...

Thanks. Probably the word "childhood friends" is suitable.