Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Saturday

Now I'm making tomato soup with a pressure cooker for my supper.(Yuki is working and he will eat today's supper at his office.) It was cool in the day and now it's cold  at night. I'm wearing long leaves shirt of course.

Today I had no lessons. I got up usual time and did morning chores including making breakfast. I cleaned all rooms and reorganized the entrance hall. And I weeded the garden " a little".(Fortunately Shiso-leaves and mint-leaves are growing rush, so "I" can't see weeds much, so I "don't need " to weed very hard  I know it's a good excuse. And even though I spray bug spray before going to the garden, as soon as I go into the garden I get eaten up by mosquitoes a lot.)











After eating YAKISOBA for lunch, I went out to a department store to buy my summer sandals (for walking). You must think why I do it now. I know the summer is coming to end. BUT it is necessary. My sandals broke during the trip to Taiwan. I bought  new cheap sandals in Taiwan. They are not so bad, but I wanted better ones. And now it is on sale.
The Taiwanese sandals were about 380 yen. And the new one was ---secret. I know I have to save money for our life because we went to an abroad trip.

On the way home I came by my favorite tea room. I know the hostess who is organizing the tea room. So it's easy to came by there alone. This time I had thought I would listen to an English story with my ipod. Darn it. I forgot bringing my earphones. So I just talked her eating pumpkin cake ( Don't say "you wasted money") and went back home.

Tomato soup is done! After eating this soup I'll study English (probably).

2 comments:

Helen said...

Your soup looks yummy!

I've never used a pressure cooker...is it easy? My mother had one, but it stopped working about the time I started cooking.

And your pumpkin cake sounds nice...sometimes we need a little treat. After a trip I often feel a bit depressed.

Mieko said...

Really? It's easy to use a pressure cooker. My mother has been usuing one, so I've useing one. Pressure cookers aren't so expensive these days. So you should use one to cook roaf of pork, simmered fish, and so on.