Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Do you know chimichurm?

Do you know a condiment of chimichurri? I didn't know that. Just yesterday I knew the name.
According to the dictionary it is mainly made from finely chopped parsley, minced garlic,.
Though some people know I update our breakfast on the FOTLOG. These days a person in Uruguay put a comment. There she introduce the name of chimichurri. Unfortunately I can't put my comments on the fotlog these days, I don't know why? I'm asking FOTLOG-help center about it.

Well, well, today's breakfast is just sweet that my neighbor brought last night. I can't eat all of them. so another roll is today's fresher at the adult class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chimichurri....I don't think it's a common condiment here in the US, but we use it occasionally on both grilled meats and fish. It probably would be good mixed with cubed, cooked potatoes or steamed green beans. We would find it in specialty stores, normally not in grocery stores in this area. Jan

Mieko said...

Jan, you are "the" Jan.
Lady_pixelita gave this recipe.
For the "salmuera":
- 1 cup water
- 1 table spoon coarse salt
- 1 garlic
- 1 cup fresh parsley (just the leaves)
- 1 cup fresh marjoram (leaves only), optional ingredient
- 2 tea spoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil

To prepare the "salmuera": boil the water, add the coarse salt and remove until disolve. Let it cool.
Meanwhile, chop (so little) the hole garlic, the parsley and the marjoram. Put everything in a bowl with the ground red pepper.
Add, whipping, the red wine vinegar, then the olive oil and end with the "salmuera".
Put everything in a jar and refrigerate for 2 or 3 weeks will be ok.
It better to prepare it the day before to use, to let all the flavors combine.