Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday

Though it's Monday, on our Japanese calender it's holiday. And for children in this area, they are in their fall vacation.
Though I did all jobs that I had to do last week, to tell the truth, I was not in good condition. I was suffering headaches.
Today I don't take medicine, so it seems to get better.

On Thursday and Friday, I did the first Halloween English time wearing the pumpkin costume. Everybody seemed to enjoy "me".
On Sunday, Yuki recommended to play something outside, so I went to practice golf or watched Yuki's playing golf to a golf range nearby.
There ---- I got small Japanese pears for free. (The owner of the golf range is in the landscape business, so he might have some pear trees.) So I made pare jam.






Though I would say "it's delicious", --- I seemed to put much citric acid. ( Unfortunately I didn't stock any lemons, so I put some citric acid.)  It's too sour. (Later I'll put some honey in it.)
The other day, Jan kindly sent her home-made peach jam. It is really delicious, we enjoy it. So I try to make my jam ---- it didn't work well in my world.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they Asian pears? They look like them. If so, they probably aren't suitable to make jam.,,not sweet enough and too much water in them. I love Asian pears in salads but they are very expensive here so I seldom buy them. Jan

Mieko said...

Yes, they are Japanese pears. As you know I don't like to add much sugar, so I cut sugar as much as I can until 30% of the pears. -- It might be the reason why it became too sour.