Wednesday, November 02, 2011

beef

Long time no see you. Now it's November. Usually it's a cold season, but this year it's not so cold during the day. According to the weather report,the power of Pacific anticyclones is working.(sorry, I don't know the detail.)
But at night it's very cold. So for me it's difficult to adjust this weather.It's a usual thing but for me it's a tough season. (My doctors saw my medical record, and said "every this season you get out of shape." I suffer a slight autonomic imbalance, and of course I want control my symptom, but it seems to be difficult. (Jan, I know it's wrong to say it can't be helped.)

Anyway I'm getting better.
The other day Yuki got the third prise at a golf competition. So he came back with --"beef" instead of a trophy. Why beef? because the title of the competition was YONEZAWA-beef competition. YONEZAWA-beef is one of famous brand beef. Have you ever heard of KOUBE-beef?
Of course the beef is YONEZAWA-beef.

If our two daughters were here, we would have one piece of meat. But fortunately or unfortunately there are two members in this house. So we simple flied and ate one sheet of meet without hesitation.
 It was the beef with good quality. Because once we put a knife into, we could cut them smoothly.
Can you guess how we seasoned them? Do you see a yellow thing? It's a special steak sauce that is sold in a famous local restaurant. The base of sauce is onion.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Mmm....Yonezawa beef is sooo good! I think you were maybe lucky that your daughters weren't at home! Congrats to your husband for winning the prize.

I hope you are feeling better soon. When the seasons change I have problems with the skin on my hands. I have to take care that it doesn't get too dry or chapped. I have a touch of eczema (atopy in Japan I think) but it only comes around the change of seasons.

Mieko said...

Thanks for your coming, Helen. I know you really know how good YONEZAWA-beef is. Because you live in Yamagata. I think Japanese beef and American or Canadian beef is different. Is it right?
And one of my adult students has the same problem "atopy", in this season.
Take care--- each other.

Anonymous said...

Is the steak sauce the same one I took home with me? It had an onion base and was absolutely delicious! Jan

Mieko said...

Of course it is that one. I seemed I would have a low appatite, but I could eat all of them.