Friday, November 04, 2011

My Thanks Giving


Today it's a warm day. I changed the decoration in the entrance hall.
Can you see a turkey? It's a really unusual bird in Japan. Last year Yuki found it in America. I love this toy bird. Its face is funny, isn't it.

And as soon as I finished this job, a friend came to my house with this year's harvest. The yellow things are "YUZU", kind of citrons. The smell are so good. I put them with the turkey.













Thanks giving day doesn't seem to be popular in Japan like Halloween , Christmas and Valentine's day. But Japanese people enjoy new rice. It is the harvest season everywhere in the northern hemisphere, isn't it?

2 comments:

Helen said...

Actually Mieko, harvest season in Canada comes a bit earlier because it gets cold earlier. We have our Thanksgiving in October, on the second Monday of the month. It isn't such a big deal for us as it is for Americans. It is a national holiday, but we don't get as excited by it all!

I like your decorations! Very cute :-)

Mieko said...

I've remembered that in Canada, Thanksgiving is in October.
When I lived in TOKYO, I wasn't so excited a new rice season, but now I really enjoyed a new rice season. A person said "It measn you get older".