Monday, January 23, 2012

debut in a cocktail bar

Yuki and I play Jazz, so sometimes we go to a Jazz club. We like to eat out, so sometimes we go out for dinner at a casual restaurant.
 Did I tell you? This winter we gave ourselves up to hot wine (It is called mulled wine in English, isn't it?) Though usually we have hot SAKE in winter, this winter we prefer to drink hot wine.

Coincidentally I got an information about a bar where they serve hot cocktail. At the Jazz club, they serve various alchhole including cocktails, but mostly they are cold. So I showed a big interest in the bar. The name of the bar is Harcourt, which is named after one of Baccarat glasses. (The owner of the bar loves Baccarat glasses, so all glasses which they use are Baccarat glasses.)

We went there Sunday night.
We wondered whether they would accept first-timers such us. But the masters and two bartenders welcomed  us with  a good smiling.

I drank hot wine, and hot connection, Yuki drank  Belgian beer, and hot rhum with butter.

To tell the truth for us they were little bit expensive , however we had a really luxurious time.



The bar was near the station, so we went there by bus. We came back to home by taxi. (We tried to come back by bus again, but it was too cold to wait for coming bus. At that time we had to wait a bus coming for at least 30 minutes.) In Japan it is prohibted stricktly for people who drink alcohol to drive cars, even have a slight amount of beer.

At the bar I asked how they made hot wine. A bartender answered "we use port wine, orange juice and orange liqueur". Cocktails are really beautiful. I wish I could drink cold cocktails or hot cocktails more. Once I drink cold alcohol including beer, I get a headache immediately. So I usually "sip" hot-Sake. Actually at that time, I ordered two glasses of cocktails, and  when I started to drink the second one, I felt headache, so Yuki drank it instead of me. After drinking at the bar I drank hot coffee at a hamburger's shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The drinks are more expensive because you are helping to pay for the Baccarat glasses! LOL It may be the only commercial place I've ever heard of that uses such expensive stemware...so I KNOW the drinks tasted better! Actually, it sounds like a very nice adventure for both of you! Jan

Mieko said...

They show various Baccarat glasses and let me touch them without hesitation. The cocktail is around 1200 yen par a glass, of course we pay cover charge (probably 500 yen). Fortunatly for me one glass or two glasses are enough.Though going such a bar is expensive but fortunatly we can afford it even if it's once in while. If you were there I would take you.
We really had a good time.