Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In Tokyo with my mother

Yesterday I went to Tokyo again to see Japanese dance at National Theater. My friend danced at a small hall there. I thought my mother would enjoy it, so I went there with my mother. She sometimes sees KABUGKI (traditional drama performed by male actors), but it seemed to passed several decades since she saw Japanese dance. It means it was the first time to see it after I performed Japanese dance when I was five. (I took lessons of Japanese dance for three years long time ago.)

Before seeing it, we needed to eat lunch.
There, it is National Theater, they serve good foods for senior. Her choice was ODEN. I chose sandwiches.


Many performers who are from 5-year-old boy to 86-year-old lady danced very hard. The dance of 5\-year-old boy was 5 years old boy was exciting and vigorous. Young boys and girls who are in their 10's danced dynamically. My friend danced lithely. I thought we (my mother and I) would fall into a sleep because we are not familiar with the world of Japanese dance. There was nothing to worry about. In fact we were caught by their performance. Seeing various performance, hearing live Japanese music by Japanese instruments made us calm. We had a good time.

After that we dropped by New Otani Hotel, which is one of historical hotels in Japan.  We had sweets.


My friend gave snack sect to all visitors.  They were sweets and SUSHI.  When I came back to UTSUNOMIYA, I ate it for dinner. I didn't need to cook. It was a clever gift.



Sorry I wanted to show her performance. It was prohibited to take photos. Every performance was wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day and experience and sharing it with your mother was a day you will always remember. I'm sure she loved it and will tell all her friends about in great detail! Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks Jan for your comment. Were you awake? I missed a chance to talk with you by SKYPE. Have a good dream.