Monday, January 30, 2012

It's the last week in January, and the first week in February.

I finished today's chores. How was your weekend? I had a big event, and now I'm really happy to finish the event without troubles.

Last week, I sometimes had lunch at a cafe. ( My lessons are usually from 4 to 10, except Wednesdays. On Wednesdays in the day time I have two adults lessons.)
At lunch I always drank coffee and I was really surprised the difference of the " cost" of the coffee. Of course the taste was different. But I didn't think the difference of the quality.

Last Tuesday, I went to a cafe & hall with my friend. Because my friends and I are thinking to hold a concert this year there. They have a grand piano. So I went to check the piano.

It was a nice hall and cafe. We had lunch there. The lunch set was 1000 yen including  a dessert.( Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the lunch because I was into talking with my friend.)

Last Friday, I had a job at a nursery school in the morning, and in the afternoon I went to a friend's house. So I had a lunch at a doughnut's shop alone, which is becoming really popular in Utsunimoya these days.
The catch-phrase of the shop is "Our doughnuts are gentle to your body".

The doughnuts  were really nice, and I bought some  for my friends. Of course they seemed to like them. But the coffee is a little bit expensive. It cost 500 yen. (The coffee at Starbucks is 350 yen, and the coffee at McDonald is 120 yen.)

Last Sunday I had a job all the day, so I had lunch at a cafe alone, too.
The coffee was served with pot, and another kind of coffee was also served as a sample, because it's coffee shop. The lunch set was 780 yen.



Return to Saturday. I had a lunch at a Japanese cafe with a friend. Here they served special Japanese tea (not a green tea), it cost 500 yen. But the owner has pride of his Japanese tea. So I can accept the price.





Sometimes I have lunch outside, but last week I think I did too much. I have to save money. In February my daughters will come in turn.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed visiting your blog. Mimi

Mieko said...

Thank you Mimi. I hope you come again, and leave comments.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mieko !
I had a nice weekend but it could have ended badly because my husband left a pan with some water in it with the the cooker still on.....I noticed it by chance two hours...after it had been left after our dinner...We had been watching some tv and around 10 pm, i decided i'd better do the dishes and went into the kitchen and realised the pan was still on the cooker...it was almost empty and so it could have easily burnt.... thank God i decided not to let it till the next day...lol.... just imagine if we had gone to bed and then the house could have caught fire and we could have been intoxicated by the fumes and die... well, all is well that ends well.. After that,, we left for Paris and drove there to fetch my daughter who had been performing as a burlesque dancer and singer in a show on stage.. We came back around 2 am, happy the house was still there !..Lol...lol....Paris was packed and with still a lot of people in the streets spilling out from the cafes and cinemas....
Have a good week !
dom

Mieko said...

It's good that nothing happened. Your constant good behavior helped your house, didn't it?
Is your daughter a artist? How old is she? I have two daughters, who live in Tokyo apart from us. My elder daughter works as a aide at an art college while she is making her works. My youngerdaughter will start to work in April after her graduation from college in March.

Anonymous said...

oh, no ! i don't always act right...i make lots of mistakes too...lol...but i've been traumatized by a lodger who forgot her soup on the gas and went out to run errands once.... the soup had spilled onto the gas and so, it had switched off the fire underneath but then gas was spreading into the kitchen...so when i came back home (it was a very long time ago when i had started teaching and rented a room at her place (she was 74)..... i opened the entrance door and could smell something was wrong... i realised it was gas and had the good idea NOT to switch (not just a pretty face, ugh ?..lol..lol...) on the light despite it was quite dark and late in evening and ran to the gas and witched it off... so since that time, i have been keeping checking the gas cooker at night before going to bed,...as my lodger used to go to bed quite late, i would sneak into the kitchen around well after midnight and check the gas !... and since that time, i've always been very careful to check everything in the house, gas, cooker, lights, heating and so on...don't call me a control freak..lol...lol....
well, cecilia's a press agent , she's doing an internship as a press agent for a communication company in Paris at the moment, she graduated from a journalist university, she's 25 . She's got all sorts of interests as well and performs at weekends as a singer and burlesque dancer and she's also a model and photographer, she loves taking photos of her model friends . You can see what she does if you google her under the aka Minnie Valentine as a burlesque dancer and as Cecilia Rowe as a photographer or model.She's on Facebook anyways. MY son Jordan who is 22 has just graduated and has left for Canada in Montreal end of january. He's looking for a job in international management there, he graduated in international management end of may in Dublin (Ireland).Of course, it was very difficult for me to let him go....but mustn't we let the little birds spring their wings and fly away ?!...lol...
one of your daughter is an artist too, i see !
i must go having a lesson in a few minutes...
have a good evening !
dom

Mieko said...

Dom
Thanks for introducing your family. Our kids seem to be in the same generation.
These days I'm getting used to the life only with my husband.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your daughters will visit you very soon in february as you mentioned, so, i bet you are thrilled to see them, aren't you ?
Have a good weekend.Looking forward to reading your next article and about life in Japan !
dom

Mieko said...

Thanks dom, I'll update as soon as posiible.