Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's snowing slightly.

Since yesterday it has been snowing. Fortunately the snow doesn't pile up, as soon as it snows, the snow melts.
Wednesday's topic of this week was about party. These days I seldom attend any formal party.Though New Year's days are a sort of family reunion and we held a party, it's  really casual. When I was a child, I used to wear KIMONO.  In my case it's usual that I don't have chances to attend a party because I work at home. However even Yuki, he doesn't have attend "formal" parties, these days. Probably it's because of this depression.
While my student and I were talking about parties, I remembered a thing about a knife and fork. When my mother and I went to a traditional hotel and had sweets, she said " Long time passed since I ate cake with a knife and fork."
When I was a child, I was told it was a traditional way to eat rice with  a knife and fork when we were at a French restaurant.  I'm not sure whether rice is served in France, but anyway in Japan, if rice is served instead of bread, we seem to have eaten it with a knife and fork.(we put some rice on the back of the fork.) These days I seldom seen such a scene. When I wen to a formal French restaurant in Tokyo, chopsticks were on the table with a knife and fork, so I ate rice with chopsticks.

Today I went for an annual checkup in the morning. Now I vacuumed the rooms. So today's chore I had to do was done. I'll enjoy my reading (Japanese books) .

No comments: