Monday, February 13, 2012

Before Valentine's day

Though in Japan on Valentine's day women present chocolate for men to show their love or to express their continuing gratitude, these days girls seem to enjoy making sweets and exchanging them among friends.

Anyway to show my gratitude to my adult friends and students I baked brownie. I shared it last Tuesday and Wednesday.





A student who is in kindergarten came on Thursday. I asked her whether she knew Valentine's day. She said "It's the day to give our love". So I decided to bake chocolate cookies with her.

 Some dough left, so we put it into a pig-shaped silicon pan. Since I knew these silicon pans, I often use them in cooking lessons with small kids. I think silicon pans are an excellent invention.






On Sunday my elder daughter who came back on Saturday and stayed just one night, she baked lots of muffins to share them with her friends, colleagues, teachers and so on.


Two of them were left, and they were Yukl's breakfast.

Do you have any plans for tomorrow's Valentine's day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little piggies'heads are so cuuuuute !....I have never seen pig's moulds before and i must admit they really look great !!! you did a very good job with all your baking.
Thanks for sharing all your photos and experiences. Here in france Valentine's day is a very private event for couples only but as we come from a multicultural background and my husband is English, we celebrate it inside the close knit family circle with my two kids and i also craft gifts for my girl-friends. This year, i sent them Claire's jewels i had found in the sales and i crafted them each a cute bracelet to their name's initial. Sent you the photos actually. And for my husband i painted him a canvas as you know.We plan to have a nice dinner with cecilia on tuesday evening(i gave her jewels and crafted home made bracelet too and i sent a parcel to my son in Canada full of French goodies) but it will be an improvised meal as we'll both work until 8 pm and cecilia too... lol...
Have a good day.
dom

Mieko said...

These days such molds are made by sillicon, they are really easy to handle. Tomorrow is "real" Valentien's day, so I'll serve something special for my husband for breakfast.