Monday, March 19, 2012

Two events has finihsed.

Last Saturday I attended two events as a supporter. One is done at the library in my city. My friend read some English picture books to kids. Thanks of raining more than 10 families joined us. (The room where we read was really small, so it got full of people.)
The most popular book was here. Have you ever read it? The author is Japanese. Though my friend read this book in English, It seemed to be easiest for audience to catch the feeling among the books she read, because we are Japanese.

In the afternoon I attended an event that was held by Utsunomiya International association. Many foreigners such as American, Chinese, Thai, Costa Rica, Korean, French, Pohland,etc. read their own countries' picture books to kids in their own language, of course with translators. Fortunately there were many audience. It's wonderful to listen to people who speak different language at the same time.

I talked with Pohland and Chinese who is my friend. Can you guess what language did we use? Both of them are practicing Japanese because they live in Japan, so of course we sometimes use Japanese, sometimes use English. But two of them talk each other in Chinese.
The Pohland lady speaks Chinese very well. To my surprise, her fiance is Japanese but they talk in Chinese because they met in Taiwan. (She came to Japan to marry him.)

My Costa Rican friend was there, her native language is Spanish. When we were talking in English or Japanese, an American man joined us, and he started to speak Spanish with her. I was really surprised.
The person who speaks only two language (though I'm not good at speaking English), was only me. ay

Anyway I'm really satisfied with attending two events.



No comments: