Thursday, May 10, 2012

in Aiken about food 4

Jan is good at using various kinds of spice. Of course she buys some bags of spice, she also mixes various kinds of spice by herself and makes her original spice.
Do you know this machine? She has a dehydrator. She makes her own dry herbs with it.
This time we made (just I assisted her) butter milk ranch dressing spice, and she already prepared rice mix spice, and other bags of spices for me.
She really enjoys cooking like a chemist. She has various measure cups, spoons, funnels (Is it the correct word?) And she always do everything carefully in a unhurried way. She's the lady I'd want to look to as a model.

When I came back home, I used the spice immediately for breakfast. I made coleslaw.

And I also made my celery salt more, though Jan presented her celery salt to me.
I don't have such a machine, so I baked celery leaves with oven.

 And next morning I cooked poached eggs with celery salt.
I learned a new way to enjoy my life from her. Thanks Jan.


No comments: