Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our small garden in spring

Now clematis is blooming.
 I always think it's like magic. During the winter it shows only dirty brown vies. It looks completely died. But in spring it changes into green, and starts having lots of leaves and buds. And finally it blooms.




One rhubarb survived this cold winter. I planted some basil seedlings. On the other hand I see some SHISO-herb shoots.
In the backyard. lots of MITSUBA-leaves are shooting. The young shoots are "yummy". I have three kinds of mints, apple mints, spare mints, and pepper mints. Unfortunately lemon grasses didn't survive. So I planted new seedlings.
This time I didn't plant any vegetable seedlings. I hope various herbs cover the gland. If it succeeds, I don't need weeding so much.

Last Sunday it was Mother's day, Though I got calls from my daughters, they didn't come back. Elder daughter will come here this weekend, and younger daughter will send something when she gets the first salary. But Yuki bought carnations, which are a typical flower on Mother's day in Japan.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

our mother's day in Francen is on june, 3rd......i'll be on my own on that day cause my son is in canada, my husband leaving for the usa for a business trip and my daughter goes to a wedding....big sigh..lol..
dom

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, Dom.
Do you know that in Japan the third Sunday is Father's day. So June is the month for fathers.

He would say, "Oh, my daughers are in TOKYO, my wife is going out for shopping. --- big sigh".
Or probably he enjoys the day without any hesitation to play golf.

Anonymous said...

father's day is on june, 17th in France.
Have a good day !
dom

Mieko said...

Dom, it's the same. Let's enjoy both of the days by ourselves.