Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A rose garden in FURUKAWA house

Suddenly my friend E and I decided to go to Tokyo to see roses. This week is the fifth week, so I have more free time than usual.
The place we bounded was FURUKAWA house in TOKYO.
It was the first time for both us to visit there.
It's a wonderful house, isn't it? We wanted to look inside the house, but it was need to book. Though they have cafe, it opens at 1 o'clock. We couldn't stay there in the afternoon. ( We had to go back to UTSUNOMIYA.) What a shame!




 It is not an English garden. It looks like a rose exhibition. Every rose is taken care very well. My friend E is familiar with roses. She explained about roses. Thanks to her, I learn roses "a little".




This rose is called princes MICHIKO. It is named in honer of Empress Michiko.

They also have a wonderful Japanese garden with a pond. I saw some turtles there.
Of course we bought some souvenirs. I bought Japanese sweets, called "BARA(rose)-YOUKAN".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has to be the largest house I've seen in Japan! What is the history of it? Too bad you were unable to tour inside.
It sounds as though you had a delightful day! Jan

Mieko said...

This house is now managed as a public property of TOKYO award. The managin way is different from Brokgreen garden, although many volunteers support this garden and house here.
http://teien.tokyo-park.or.jp/en/kyu-furukawa/outline.html

Anonymous said...

i wish i had seen this garden of roses ! lovely article....
i have just published a table with my garden roses in the JOurnal des femmes in the garden section (you click on plus and click on jardin/garden)
dom

Mieko said...

In France they must have lots of beautiful gardens. What difference is there between English garden and French garden?