Sunday, May 20, 2012

Spices and cooking

Last Saturday, my elder daughter T came here with her friend. So I thought it was a good chance to challange the spices I got in America.


For you, all of them might be familier. But for me all of things are challengable thigs.




Chicken rub, and BBQ sauce -- I grilled chicken.
Rice seasoning mix--- I cooked Japanese rice and red rice with this spice.
Buttermilk ranch dressing mix -- I made turnip & HASAKU-orange salad.
Celery salt -- I baked quiche with SYUNGIKU-leaves
Kirkland organic no-salt seasoning -- I made asparagus salad.

Every boday enjoyed "American spice" dishes.
I also made pickles.


This day her friend took us apple pie. So I didn't need to prepare dessert.

And T gave me cute candy and her home-made coasters.

 Yuki, T, T's friend, and I talked lots, laughed lots. ---- We had a wonderful Saturday. If our younger daughter M were also with us we could have had more fun.

No comments: