Thursday, January 03, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
Yuki and I visited a shrine in NIKKO. The first visit a shrine of a new year is called "HATSUMOUDE". NIKKO is one of famous touring spots in Japan, so many people visited there. It takes about 50 minutes by car from Utsunomiya. Though I don't like too much crowded place, visiting busy place with people and stalls  made us fun.
How are you enjoying or did you enjoy the New Year's Day? You may have watched foot ball game on TV.

On New Year's Eve, we could have dinner with all members of my family, two daughters, and my mother Hiroko-san at home. Hiroko-san and I went to "the" department store to buy beef of good quality. (In Utsunomiya, there is only one big department store, though we have two big malls.)

We bought four kinds of beef by 200g each.
And of course we had SUKIYAKI.
On the New Year's Day we went to TOKYO with five members, and had a Yuki's family reunion.  And, Yuki and I came back to Utsunomiya.
We celebrated our New Year with two of us again quietly.

Well, for a while I skip cooking breakfast, just grill MOCHI (rice cake).






No comments: