I'm in the generation of "SHOWYA". SHOWYA is a period from 1926 to 1989. Additionally, I have to accept the truth my mother and I are in the same generation. But the youth is in the generation of "HEISEI". Now it is in HEISEI 26th, or you can say it's in 2014 now.
What I want to say is that to discipline meant to scold in SHOWA period. Now everybody say to bring up kids while praising them. However in our case Yuki and I are not used to praising someone. So we need to learn how and when we praise someone a little. Yuki needs to encourage and praise his subordinates. I need to encourage and praise my students, young mothers and " my mother".
We started to praise each other every morning to get used to praise someone using these cards in turn.
Until this week, we used these cards.
1. What are the advantages of scolding? Make a one minute speech.
2. The person on your right says one negative or bad word, and you try to change the word into two positive or good words.
3. Praise the person on your left for one minute.
4. Praise the person on your right about his or her character for two things.
5. Praise the person on your left about his or her appearance for one minute.
6. Praise yourself for one minute.
How do you do these things?