Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Yuki's birthday

 
Last week my husband Yuki got 58 years old, just two years are left before he retires.
It was a usual day, so I served these pieces of cake for our breakfast and celebrate his birthday simply.
These are cakes, but  -- I bothered to go out to buy them to "the" cake shop, or I wanted to go to "the" cake shop to buy them.
The former sentence might sound negative, and the later sentence might sound positive. In Japanese we use "WAZAWAZA" for both meaning. --- It's a another story.
 
What is "the " cake shop?
Since we came to Tochigi, or since he started to work at this office, 34 years passed. And the cake shop was as old as our history. When Yuki came here at first, he lived in an small apartment. And the cake shop opened near the apartment. It is a cake shop and also a café, so we often used to have a coffee time there with cake.
So the master or chef of the cake shop is almost as the same age for ours. Now his son manages the shop mainly, but our familiar chef is also fine. Of course he remembers us.
Though I seldom buy cakes these days, when I want to buy cakes, I usually go there. And this time the familiar chef "bothered" to meet me from going out of the back.
 
Well, well, I don't know whether Yuki will work for another company or "stay" home. Anyway in two years our situation will dramatically changed.
 

2 comments:

Tim Frost said...

A late Happy Birthday to Yuki!

I hope that two more years of working passes quickly (if he wants that) and then he can enjoy his retirement (more golf?)

By coincidence, on Sunday I also met a master baker at an informal fun event in London. He is Master of the Worshipful Company of Bakers - that's a very grand title.
His photo is at the top right of this web page: http://www.bakers.co.uk/

Mieko said...

Thanks Tim, I hope to play golf much more if Mieko permits. From Yuki

----he says.
Weekday golf is less expensive than weekends' golf, however, anyway, playing golf at golf course is expensive in Japan, even though here is Tochigi.