Monday, November 13, 2017

In November

Halloween has gone.




 
I put away all things and decorate these things on the self in the entrance hall.


 
This Tuesday I hold a meeting "let's enjoy this autumn" at a café.
Three members came.
We read these books

 
For me it was the first time Macintosh is a kind of apple's names.
And after talking with them, the main came.
 
 

 This meeting is not my job, however I organize it. So I always thing how much attendance fee is suitable. I open the meeting at my house, because I won't let members pay much money but I will serve or treat something delicious or interesting.
 
This time I thought, it was only me not to pay much money to this meeting.
The value of attendance fee is different according to people, I know it. It is OK, but what made me surprised was the person who won't pay money much seemed to be only me.

 


3 comments:

Helen said...

Macintosh is my favourite kind of apple! I always make sure to have one or two whenever I go back to Canada for a holiday! I like them because they aren't as sweet as Japanese apples and are a little harder too. So good!

Your dessert/treat looks yummy! What is it?

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, Helen.
And----I am really surprised. Because you live in Yamagata, which is one of the most wonderful and famous places for apples. You are very lu,cry to eat sweet and harder apples at reasonable price ( probably).
And I also know that Japanese orchards want to export more apples but it seems to be difficult, Because Japan are apples seem to be sweeter and harder than other usual apples. On the other hand, if apples are a little bit soft, most of Japanese people thing they are going to be worse.
Additionally, probably you can get a little bit soft apples there I Yamagata. You should go an orrchard straigtly . McIntosh is called Asahi in Japanes they're grown in some orchards or the same group of apples are grown in orchards, but usually they are for juice or for the prosecutes. You might buy gem at orchards. Actually, I went to an orchard here in Utsunomiya, and got soft, a litttle bit sour apples which are sold for juice. They are inexpensive ( or very cheap) , I got them, and eat them as usual it for juice.

Helen said...

Thank Mieko, I didn't know that McIntosh apples are called Asahi in Japan.

Usually I think Japanese apples are too sweet and too soft! I like hard and sour apples. I don't honestly eat that much fruit, but I like a hard, crisp, sour apple sometimes.