Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Japanese apples


Last week I bother going to an apple orchard on the outskirts of Utsumomiya.
It takes about (just) 30 minutes from my house by car.


In Japan, Aomori, Yamagata, and Iwate are the three famous prefectures for apples.
And here in Tochigi, we have some apple orchards.
They usually get their apples on the market.
However some orchards sell their all products on the spot.

Usually Japanese people prefer hard and sweet apples to eat directly.
Such apples like Fuji and --- I don't remember are on sale at markets.
And a little bit soft and sour apples are gone to factories to be processed for jam or juice.

However I want such a little bit sour and "cheap" apples. So I went there.
Of course they are fresh. 





This is an English site about apples.

This is a Japanese site about apples.


What do I make out of them?
Just eat as morning fruits. And of course I might make some apple sweets.

No comments: