Wednesday, November 08, 2017

This is a book written by my favorite author


I sometimes borrow books from the library. How about you?
And now I'm into an author.
She is almost the same age as I am.
At the library, the books which the library hold are usually not the latest books.  And this author is popular, so I have seldom found her latest books even if they are bought by the library. So the books usually I'm able to borrow are written ten years ago.
However they are very interesting and make me surprised that she could write like this on such a stance when she was in her late 40's.
She has eyes to see the next 10 years. So now I can easily understand the books which were written about 10 years. She already wrote about the elderly people.

Last time I met my mother, I had to hold her hands. It made me very surprised.
And even though she is strong, I feel her loneliness a little.

Nowadays the decline of birthrate is a big problem in Japan.
And the lack of nursery schools is also another problem.
And I know the increasing elderly care center is constituting a burden for our government budget. So Our government proceed to recommend to spend days at home by themselves.

I understand the way, and it is producing "lonely problem".

In this ten years, lots of mother and child play center are open to prevent from mother's depressing from no friends surround them.
Actually my daughter noticed it was really difficult to someone to talk nearby, so she used to go a play center when my grand daughter was a baby.

Probably in ten years, play and chat centers for the elderly will open, or I hope.

While I'm thinking about such a thing, I read her books.

3 comments:

AikenJan said...

In our little town we have a day care for seniors (I am unsure how they get their financing, but it is probably a combination of paid fees and government money.). They have a small bus and will transport those who cannot arrive by other means. What it means, is an activity center for the elderly that provides a social interaction, a variety of activities such as crafts, music and singing, play cards, etc. some of these elders live with family who work so this is exactly the same as having a toddler in day care. I am sure they provide light meals and snacks. And, perhaps some still live alone but their families want this for their relatives. Unlike retirement facilities, these people go home each day and therefore it is less expensive. A very good solution for many. I wish your mother had such a place. Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comment, Jan,
Though I forgot when "nursing insurance system " started, anyway thanks to it, elderly people who can't live by themselves go day care center I the daytime . Of course the worker of the center drop and pick them up. Most of the fee are covered by nursing insurance. And all people get 40, we have to pay tax for the nursing insurance.
The people who can't live by themselves, mean cannnot cook, cannnot walk well, have some illness and they are certified? Or diagnosed as a people who have to take nurseing insurance by doctors.(The people who suffer with serious illness goes to hospital). It is a good thing.
However, it clearly separate the elderly to two groups. One is very active, healthy people.Such people often go out nevertheless their age. The people in the other group also have to go to daycare cenet three or four days a week like goi g to school. So people who are between in these groups are tend to be lonely.
The same thing is shown for mothers who has baby.
Working mother's children goes to nursery school. Active mother's children are gone out by mother's , so mother's between the two groups, who are not so active, not so socialized, tend to feel lonelyness.

Mieko said...

Additionally, though the transportation fee is not so inexpensive, though visiting Tokyo makes me a little bit tired and busy, ---- I always take her to a little bit "expensive" areas. For us it is a good thing, and I'm always treated lunch by my mother. "Lucky me!". Once in a while she goes out to eat lunch with her friends but they are not willing to use money for lunch because what they want to is talking. On the other hand our aim is to enjoy graceful feeling. I know if I took her the places with lots of nature, she would be glad more.(though I prefer to enjoy graceful feeling with her.)