Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Yuki said " I did it !"

Well, well, I almost forgot to tell you, though I think it isn't necessary.
Did I tell you about our winter cleaning?
Here in Japan we have a tradition of winter cleaning instead of spring cleaning.
Probably we want to have a new year in new outfits, and clean houses. Nowadays it is said spring cleaning may be suitable in recent climate.

Once we used to turn over TATAMI mats or change TATAMI mats, re-cover SHOUJI paper --- I have the memory though I don't know I heled or not. These costumes are outdated.
Probably cleaning windows is only one thing to be kept.
However nowadays many new houses are  super-insulated houses. They have windows, but not so many, and not so big.
The older the houses are, the more windows they have.
Yes my house is more than 30 years old, and to prevent from coldness we attached some double windows. So -- there are  --I don't know how many we have.
Until last year we made the day of cleaning the windows on a day in December.
However last year after doing it, our shoulders hurt severely.  I think it caused my chronical stiff shoulder.
So this year we started cleaning the windows little by little. --- Mostly I did.
And before completing it, I came down with a cold , oh no, with sever allergy. So Yuki cleaned the last 6 pair of glasses. Yuki said "I did it! " proudly.

And our winter cleaning is almost finished, the one thing which is left is clean the ventilating fan in the kitchen. It is not so difficult.

No comments: