Friday, February 23, 2018

Season word 0222 Adonis amurensis



Is this word familiar with you?
I also checked the word "pheasant's eye", but its typical color seems to be red, it's not FUKUJYUSOU.
Anyway this flower is so familiar for senior people and Japanese garden lovers.
Nowadays people tend to like European style gardens, so not so many people have this potted flower of Fukujyusou.
I have it.
 
Though I want say that " they come out ", I can't.
Actually when we bought this house about 30 years ago, my friend presented one. It became big, and bloomed many flowers 10 years later . But since then it got little by little, and unfortunately it didn't appear the year before last year. I think it told us for our area as a parent tobe finished.
So I bought another one last year and planted.
 I hope it will get bigger. It shows our new "senior couple" area has started.

Fukujyusou, what happiness  will you bring? , go forward into the future
Fukujyusou, why you can bear so hard, my favorite flower

2 comments:

AikenJan said...

Crocuses are the heralding of spring here...and daffodils. Ironically, also yellow. Perhaps Nature designed them to be easily noticed to give people an uplifting sign that the cold winter months are leaving.

Are your plants bulbs? Unless they are “divided” and re-planted, they will gradually lose the ability to bloom. We have iris bulbs that have to be divided...kind of a pain to do! Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, Jan. There are some frowers grow from bulbs in my garden, like duffidols, hyacinthines, and crocuses. However, this flower Grows from their seeds. It is said it takes a few years to bloom after planting their seeds. So I planted their seedlings.