Tuesday, April 10, 2018

season word farewell gift

 
 
In English, the word "gift" is used of SENBETSU.
However SENBEGTSU is usually "cash" in Japan.
 
What a suitable word for us this is.
This Friday I go to Tokyo to visit my mother and my mother in-law.
 
Yuki also goes to Tokyo on business.
In the day time I meet my mother and my elder daughter. -- it is a kind of send-off party.
And at night Yuki, my elder daughter and I have dinner with my mother in-law. It is also a kind of send-off party.
In one week, my elder-daughter goes to America and stay there for a while.
 
For both of our mothers, they are a good opportunity to have "meat".
And for my elder-daughter it is an opportunity to get farewell gift.
 

2 comments:

Marta Mae said...

Your daughter is coming to the U.S.! How exciting! I hope she will have a great time here.

Mieko said...

Thanks, Marta. Yes, luckily she got a private funding from a company this spring. So she goes to the US to pursue her paper art world.