Wednesday, June 06, 2018

The last day of a strawberry season in this year

Last Sunday I went to a strawberry farm. The farm opened for a group to pick up strawberries for free.
It was the last day of a strawberry season for this farm. They don't get the strawberries on the market .
So they clear the strawberry farm, and start to grow new seedlings for winter.
There were still lots of strawberries, which were small.
Everyone enjoyed picking them up.
I just attended to assist the event, however when I saw lots of strawberries in sight, I couldn't help picking them up automatically. And I was one of three people to pick them up the most.




The owner is a young man, who took over this job from his father.
And now he tried to make regular sweets using his strawberries.





 
 
Since this group started this event, 18 years have passed.
The organizer of this event is my friend. She wanted to encourage the seniors living in this area.  And some seniors who have own strawberry farms offered the help. And now the seniors are too old to do it, and their children continue to held this event once a year.
 


No comments: