Friday, October 26, 2018

How many times do you have your house refurbished largely?

Depends on your country, or your situation, it must be different how to maintain your house.

Looking back, when my mother (now she is 84) was around 70, she had her house refurbished.
The kitchen floor was changed, the bathroom was changed, and the toilet was changed.
I don't know how much was it.
Anyway what I remember is that "How wasteful! All things are still enough to use".
And I didn't say that " If you can afford to do that, I hope you divert the money to us".

The house is 45 years old, so probably at that time it was 30 years old. It was as old as our current house.
Of course it is right not to have said  the last phrase.

Now, we are going to have our house refurbished. And fortunately my daughters don't say anything.
Yes, it is our turn.

And I remember another thing.
When refurbishing my mother's house was finished, I said
"Where was it changed? I don't notice much difference."
Let me give an excuse.
probably the wall, the floor, and other things were changed, but there were (even now) many things and they covered the new things.
However she must have felt very satisfied.
Now I know her feeling.

And probably my daughters may mention the same thing "where is it changed?" after our rebuilding is finished.

And now my mother said "it was a right decision to have my house rebuilt at that time."

When we bought this house, we have never thought that we would live here in Utsumomiya when we retire.
And in 10 years, we don't know how and when to live.
However for 10 years we will have lived here calmly, and with satisfaction. (probably).

Now while we see this house, we said to ourselves, "we did well".

No comments: