Thursday, December 06, 2018

season word 1206 mistletoe

I'm really surprised to see this article.
Because, "mistletoe" is not so familiar yet (I think) in Japan. so it makes me surprised that the word of mistletoe was chosen as a season word.

 
 
 
Of course I know the song, but does the Christmas tree means mistletoe?
 
Anyway for me mistletoe is not familiar.
Thanks to this article, I learnt about mistletoe.
I bought some fresh branches of mistletoe, it will be delivered in a week.
 
 
If you have some your story about mistletoe, I'd liked you to share them to me.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Mieko! Christmas Tree and Mistletoe are quite different. Mistletoe is sometimes used as a decoration at Christmas. One tradition is that if you are under the mistletoe someone can kiss you, which is why it is often used in love songs. Usually at a party it would be hanging from the ceiling so that people can stand underneath it!

I never really saw mistletoe when I was growing up. I think my part of Canada is too cold for it.

Hope this helps!

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, and sorry for being late for replying.
Yes, I understand, chirismtmss tree is a fir tree, isn't time I learn, it is a tradition that you can or have to kiss under a mistletoe tree. Luckily, This winter I got a fresh sprigs by Meruksri ( do you know it). Everybody who comes to my house enjoys seeing it, however no one still kiss to anyone.