Thursday, March 01, 2007

the term exam finished

My daughter's term exam finished. Not so bad. She and I are relieved.
Last spring, she got a really bad score. At that time before starting a new term she had to choose a course, science course or literary course. Untill then she decided to go to a science course like us without any special thinking, or she had thought going to science course was natural. BUT the bad score made her think again. And she chose a literary course because of her bad score.

And she began to rethink about her life. Sometimes she gave up studying, sometimes she was depressed, sometimes she was quick to take offense.
Now I understand that was the process for her to start to live her own life, and the process for me to accpet she was she.

These days she seems to be getting steady down. She talks to me about her self very much.
Now she is thinking to go to a interior course. And next Sunday she is going to go to an exhibision in TOKYO by herself. She said "I'll try to see many things, I may encounter somthing that stimulate me."
I'm really glad to hear such positive thinking from her.

New term will start soon, she will be a candidate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mieko
Hi,my name is Asami. I'm a 17 year old high school student.

Why I dicided to leave a comment here is I write a blog in English too! Actually I write it in both English and Japanese.

My exams finished yesterday like your daughter. Some of them were returned to me. Some were good, but the world history's exam, which is one of my hate subject, was terrible! Oh no,I may not be able to become 3rd grade!! I do hope I'll be 3rd grade safely...

Anyway, I enjoyed ur blog so much.

Thank you for reading.

Asami

Mieko said...

Hi Asami. I'm really glad of getting your commnets. Thouth you are as old as my daughter, your English is excellent.(I envy your mother!) Five years already passed since I started English diary. for a while I used to write my diary in Japanese and English. These days I separaed, English diary is here, and on my Japanese homepage I write similer thing in Japanese.