Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bargain train ticket for the young


My elder daughter went to NAGASAKI (south in Japan) using bargain train ticket. The ticket is called "SEISYUN(the youth) 18( age?) ticket". Only the young ( I don't know from how old to how old) can use it. They can take JR-train withnho holds barred for five days, but only local trains.

She arrived NAGASAKI two days after she left TOKYO. She stopped off at some stations to change another train, and while she was waiting for the next train she walked around the station.


I knew she had a plan to this travel.

But this morning , at 7:10 the door bell rang. "pin pon".

"who?"

"me!"


It was she.

Today it was the last day the bargain ticket runs. So she passed TOKYO and came here with souveniurs. It was our favorite "FUKUSAYA-Kasutera".

We could enjoy it for breakfast.


After for a while she left here for TOKYO, because it is the last day the bagain ticket runs.

I'm surprised, I'm happy, and I'm sad.


Well, this "Seisyun 18 ticket" is for the young.

for the older? middle aged? people ( over 50) there is another bargain train ticket.

BUT for my generation, we don't have. It means "you should work hard???"

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Actually, anyone can use the Seishun 18 ticket. There is no age limit, but the ticket is seasonal - it can only be used during certain periods of the year and you have to buy it in advance.kriste

Mieko said...

Really? I didn't know that. Actaully when all four members live together, we used to use car to travel somewhere. NOW I'm thinking to travel alone or with my friend. So this ticket is really useful.