Monday, March 19, 2007

spring vacation has already started

From last Saturday my spring vacation started. As soon as I got full 7 days off, I started to tidy and clean rooms up.

At first I put togather my English books that lay around. I wanted to put them in a book cabinet on the first floor to take them easy in my lesson. But a book cabinet on the first floor was too small to have all books. We also have other book shelves on the second floor, but it was really troublesome to take them. So the books lay around (saying correctly upstairs and downstairs) .
And I went to buy a book cabinet, I found a reasonable cabinet at a home center. It looked useful and inexpencive. BUT it was needed to assmeble. Can I do it? I didn't have confidence. Anyway I bought thinking "I must manage to do it", and I also thought "I can do it, because I also bought an inexpencive electoric screwdriver. "

AND

Fortunately my husband showed intereseting the electoric screwdriver, so he helped me (saying correctly I helped him.) BUT the screwdriver was so cheap that it didn't have enough power. I could put each screwe in the board until 2/3 depth of it using the electroic screwdriver, to put the last 1/3 depth of screwes handpower was needed. SO my husband did it. Anyway we made it. I could set the books in order. It was a heavy job.
BUT the job was not finised.
After assembling it, my husand went out. Since then I started another heavier job. What I should do next was tidying up the things which had lain at the place where the new book cabinet laid. Some things I threw away, some things I had to leave somewhere. So I started to tidy up the closet.
Can you guess how many trash bags I made??? I can't tell you, too many!!!
Anyway today it was a burnable trash day. Most of trash was gone!
Tomorrow it was recyeld trash day! All trasn is going to be done.
AND I'm going to tidy up the next room tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring Cleaning! There's something about the "new" of spring that creates a burst of energy in us to clean, to re-organize, to rid our houses of the unncessary things...to start fresh again. Your new cabinet looks nice...where did you finally place it? Jan

Mieko said...

I put it in the sun-room next to the small living room. Looks good, and it is realy convenient.