Thursday, May 17, 2007

charcole







As everybody knows charcole used to use as a main fuel for a long time. Now in Japan it is also used in various way but in quite different way.
Of course when we barbecue outside, some people use it. And at a Japanese green tea ceremony "charcole" plays a realy inportant part. This charcole is really expencive and the quaillty is really good . It needs many process for only charcole to be able to play as the charcole used at a Japanese green tea ceremony.

Well, I also use charcole in various way at home.

Charcole is said to absorb odors, so I put a piece of charcole in the frige.
Or Charcoleis said to absorb chlorine, so I put some pieces of charcole in the bath tub when I put water in the tub.
Charcole is said to make somthing soft. So when I cook rice I put a piece of charcole in the cooker, and when I boil water for speacial tea I put one in the kettle. In this case I use bamboo charcole.
It is said that we can use charcoal permanetly.BUT We need to rinse it sometimes to take off dust or something. BUT be careful not to use soap. After washingwe need to dry it in the sun. Charcoal is made from wood, so while we use it, it tends to easy to crack because of dryness and weathering.Fresh charcoal has good smell, if you enjoy the smell you should change it often. I change it once every two or three months. Becayse it is troublesome to rinse and dry it in the sun.


No comments: