Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Clematis are blomming




Last May I planted this seedlingng of Clematis in my garden recommending it from my friend who is a gardening-addict. And this may it opend big flowers contrary to our expectations. Today the friend is going to come to see them.


Under the Clematis JYUNIHOTOE (I don't know the English name) is also bloming as beautiful undergrowth.


Now our garden is the best beautiful in the year, not so mamy weeds, not so bugs.


After a while a rain season is coming, and the job I dislike is waiting for me -- weeding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mieko. I love clematis! The flowers are so unique. The white flowers might be Bells of Ireland or perhaps a type of Foxglove. Any one else has a guess?
Right now in western South Carolina, the magnolia trees are in bloom and I have day lilies in bloom.

Shelley said...

I love clematis too. We are about to start winter in Australia so my clematis won't be blooming for a few months.

Mieko said...

Thanks Jan for giving the information about Clematis. Today I pruned it a little. And I put some flowers into a vase. My clematis is said to be able to bloom in fall again. So my firend said you should prune new vines with a flowers a little. I did it.

Hello shelley. Yes your country is going to go to winter, but it's not so cold compared the winter in Japan. What color is your clematis?

Shelley said...

Hello Mieko

My clematis is purple with very large flowers. It only has one flower at the moment but we only planted it about 2 months ago.
Winter in my part of Australia is very cold although it does not snow. The coldest is -4 degrees celsius and warmest is about 12 degrees.