Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

It was Mother's Day today. During the last week I let my students make this chop sitck bag with a paper carnation for their mothers. Every student seemed to enjoy the craft. I hope they use it for today's dinner.
Actually I used it for myself for today's dinner, though my family was laughing.
This year unfortunately I got no present. When my daughter left home this morning, she said "I'll buy chocolate for you!". But as my exepctation she forgot. Anyway they expressed their thanks to me. That's enough. Oops, I almost forgot to say. My husanband bougnt beer more than usual to celebrate this day, though it means he was able to drink beer more than usual.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mieko, I laughed when I read about your husband buying more beer than usual for "Mother's Day."
M.D. is very big here in the USA! Perhaps it was made so for commerial reasons (big day for restaurants, greeting cards, flowers, gifts, etc.), but most still like one day to honor motherhood. Even my husband brought me yellow roses and a card from our two beloved (deceased) cats! I read in our local newspaper that one of our chain restaurants, Red Lobster, serves about 1200 meals on Mother's Day! Jan

:P said...

hello mieko! happy mom's day to you! take care!

Mieko said...

Jan he says "hello" to you. He's fine. Thought he didn't present anything to me for the day, during the Golden week he examined a new digital camera for me and he(we) bought a new one. And I got a new digital gadget, "so" he bougnt a new digital recordable portable MD walkman. He said "it's even-even".
Well, MD is more littler than CD, do you remember?

Yette, Thanks, how was your mother's day?

:P said...

mother's day here was okay. my boys made cards for my mom which she loved and then in the evening, we had dinner at a family restaurant. it was a quiet celebration. =D but most of my friends greeted me online and through SMS. that really made my day. =D